First off, I love me some festive food at my parties (and tailgates)! Second off, I love when the festive food doesn’t take too much effort. Of course I’m willing to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to get ready for a party, but when I have an easy recipe, I do a little happy dance. This easy homemade brownie recipe (I repeat, homemade, not from a box) will go from basic to next level real quick when they turn into football brownies! Take the football brownies up one more level and add some of your team colors.
Also, you know I’m always trying to keep it real here, right? So these photos are exactly how my brownies turned out. They aren’t perfect looking because I’m a normal every baker/hostess, not a professional. If your footballs are a little lopsided, WHO CARES! As long as they taste good (which if you follow this easy homemade brownie recipe, they will!).
Ingredients Needed for Easy Homemade Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients Needed For Football Brownies
- Football Cookie Cutter (I like these football cookie cutters from Amazon, or this package with multiple sports balls)
- Frosting (I like to buy the white tubes that you can squeeze out, but you could also make your own!)
- Food Coloring (team colors!)
- In a medium bowl mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs.
- In a second bowl, add in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients bowl.
- Stir until well mixed together.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in the eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well mixed in. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
Baking + Decorating Directions
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- Grease your pan (9×9 pan tends to work best, but you can also do 9×13 baking pan).
- Pour the brownie batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minute. You’ll know they are done with the brownies pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Once cool, use football cookie cutter to create football brownies.
- Place football brownies on plate or wax paper to the side, decorate with frosting.
- When using frosting to create football brownies, draw one long line length ways on the ball, then add small perpendicular dashes to it.
- If you want to get crafty, this is where you can use the food coloring to create your team colors and personalize the football brownies!
- Serve and enjoy!